Last Updated on May 1, 2022
Congratulations! You have just matched with someone. The exciting feeling of not knowing what will happen next sends the butterflies straight to your stomach. This is possibly the one you will spend the rest of your life with. Or maybe just someone that will get you laid tonight.
The game only begins after you have matched with someone. Now, you have to utilize every brain cell to make your match see the best qualities in you and like you.
Initiating the conversation is hard because if you come off as aggressive or boring, your match will delete you immediately. You need that perfect Tinder icebreaker to get their attention.
In this article, we’ve sourced all the witty icebreakers that will score you a hot date with the best-looking ones in town.
- Our Favorite Tinder Icebreakers
- 1. “Did anyone ever tell you that you have the eyes of (name)? They are beautiful!”
- 2. “It’s funny that (musician/song) is on your playlist. I was just listening to it all day long today!”
- 3. “I never thought Tinder was actually any good until I came across your profile.”
- 4. “So, how do we get you off Tinder?”
- 5. “Damn! You are so hot I don’t need my icebreaker!”
- 6. “How’s Tinder working out for you so far?”
- 7. “I didn’t think I was looking for love until I saw your profile. We have so much in common!”
- 8. “What’s your guilty pleasure?”
- 9. “Your weekend schedule has just been filled! We are going to (name of a place/bar/activity).”
- 10. “Want to see who is better at Wordle?”
- 11. “Truth or dare?”
- 12. “I’m renovating my house. Want to choose a wall color for me?”
- 13. “Who’s your dream dinner guest?”
- 14. “What’s your favorite thing to do after a long day of work?”
- 15. “Put this on your playlist next time you drive to work.”
- 16. “I’m afraid I can only go out with you if you kiss me because I can’t resist a face as gorgeous as yours!”
- 17. “What’s your favorite childhood memory? Let’s recreate that!”
- 18. “Would you rather camp in the desert or stay in a 5-star hotel?”
- 19. “I don’t usually compliment others, but you have excellent taste because you liked my profile!”
- 20. “How did Harry Potter go down the hill?” “Rolling, JK…rolling.”
- 21. “Are you religious? Because you’re the answer to all my prayers!”
- 22. “You seem like an interesting person. Should we go for a spontaneous 3 am trip to McDonald’s now?”
- What are other good online dating platforms?
Our Favorite Tinder Icebreakers
1. “Did anyone ever tell you that you have the eyes of (name)? They are beautiful!”
They say eyes are the window to the soul, and for good reason. A pair of sparkly eyes will melt your heart. Never forget to compliment someone’s eyes.
2. “It’s funny that (musician/song) is on your playlist. I was just listening to it all day long today!”
Music connects people. You will have endless topics to discuss with someone even if they don’t have the same music taste. Start with a singer or a song on their playlist and work your way up. See what kind of songs they like.
A person’s music preference says a lot about their personality. By discovering their regular playlist, you will get to know them much better.
3. “I never thought Tinder was actually any good until I came across your profile.”
A compliment is more heartfelt when there is a comparison. Let them know how great they are compared to other mediocre profiles. They are genuine, gorgeous, and fun-loving. It looks like they are someone that you will have a fantastic time with!
4. “So, how do we get you off Tinder?”
Definitely one of the genius icebreakers ever. There is so much information condensed into this one sentence. It gives off the vibe that you are looking for something serious. You want to get off Tinder as soon as you find it. At the same time, you want the other person to do the same.
You are offering a sense of promise and dedication. It makes your match feel you are reliable and not just looking for a hookup.
5. “Damn! You are so hot I don’t need my icebreaker!”
A funny icebreaker always gets a few laughs and makes the conversation smoother. Jokes allow you to ease into whatever topic comes next as it puts both sides in a chill mood. Besides, who doesn’t like to hear good things about their looks?
6. “How’s Tinder working out for you so far?”
Simple and direct. If you can’t think of any common topic to talk about, remember that you are both on Tinder. That’s a common ground to stand on. Why are they on Tinder, and how has it been?
You’d be surprised to find out how long some people have been on Tinder. Some people use Tinder to get laid. Hence, they are pretty much professionals on this app. Some others are looking for love, but unfortunately, things don’t always work out the way they want. Expect to hear some interesting stories from this question!
7. “I didn’t think I was looking for love until I saw your profile. We have so much in common!”
If you are indeed looking for something serious, make it known so they won’t think you are just messing around. Let them know how gorgeous you think they are.
Most importantly, when you are looking for love, you should definitely compliment them on their qualities and not only their looks.
It is quite superficial to say you have found love because of someone’s face or body. If you want to be convincing, tell them a quality you see on their profile that really speaks to you.
8. “What’s your guilty pleasure?”
Secret-sharing is another good way to build bridges. By sharing their guilty pleasure with you, your match will feel more connected and understood. Never judge someone’s guilty pleasure. Be supportive and share your guilty pleasure with them as well.
9. “Your weekend schedule has just been filled! We are going to (name of a place/bar/activity).”
Cut to the chase and skip all the bullshit. Sometimes, asking them out directly is the best way. It happens so often that people forget to reply on Tinder after a while because they are too occupied talking to a dozen of matches at the same time.
Stop playing it slow and just ask them out immediately. Chances are, your date is also tired of talking to so many people online and not being able to meet them. Take your chance.
10. “Want to see who is better at Wordle?”
Since this game is taking the internet by storm, you might as well just use it as an icebreaker and a little game to warm up. Playing something online together is a nice way to get yourself comfortable with a stranger.
Everyone can enjoy a good round of online games. As you progress, you feel more ready to open up to this person.
11. “Truth or dare?”
Invite them to play this with you to break the ice. By asking questions and following commands, you get a pretty good understanding of their personalities, preferences, and interests. There is a lot of fun.
12. “I’m renovating my house. Want to choose a wall color for me?”
It is indescribable how awesome it is to feel important and influential. If your match is a designer or works in the creative field, have them offer you some insights on how to decorate your house. You get free tips, and it makes them feel valued.
Even if you aren’t renovating your house, you can always ask for tips about decorating your bedroom, what kind of table to put in the dining room, and how to make your neighbors jealous of your cozy porch. There are so many questions that you can ask a creative person. And they enjoy sharing their views.
13. “Who’s your dream dinner guest?”
If your date could choose to dine with anyone, even someone in the past, who would it be? People love answering creative questions because there is no right or wrong answer. They can answer whatever comes to mind and have a good laugh about it.
Send them a cheeky wink after their reply and say you can cook the meal for them with their imaginative guest. But oh wait, since the imaginative guest likely will not attend, maybe you can just cook them dinner instead.
14. “What’s your favorite thing to do after a long day of work?”
Everyone spends their downtime differently. Some might like to head to a rave and get wasted to celebrate the completion of a project, while others prefer to stay home with a cup of hot tea and watch a movie.
How you both spend your time dictates how this relationship will go. You two will have a better time if you share similar thoughts on this.
15. “Put this on your playlist next time you drive to work.”
A cute and thoughtful gesture is always appreciated. Send them the playlist that has got you through your highs and lows. Now their ride to work will never be the same again. And when they play the music, they will think of you and this lovely thing that you did for them when you first started chatting.
16. “I’m afraid I can only go out with you if you kiss me because I can’t resist a face as gorgeous as yours!”
Insert your dominance just enough to arouse interest. You don’t want to sound overly inappropriate and pushy, but you also want to make your intentions known. It’s important that your expectations align for the date. It’d be a shame if you go out thinking that you are going to get laid if they are expecting to take things slow.
You don’t want to be gross and dive into talks about getting naked and all. But you also want the other person to know what to expect. Therefore, a cheeky line like this is perfect. It is slightly inappropriate, but you don’t come off as a creep. Rather, you sound like you are ready to give someone a good ride tonight.
17. “What’s your favorite childhood memory? Let’s recreate that!”
Childhood memories are irreplaceable. They were the times in everyone’s life when the financial burden, career stress, and marriage problems were non-existent. You probably can’t recreate someone’s favorite childhood memory, but it’s nice to offer and ask.
Let them talk about things that made an impression. If it is something doable, consider doing it on your date. That way, you are surely the best match they have ever had. Go the extra mile and make someone’s day.
18. “Would you rather camp in the desert or stay in a 5-star hotel?”
Another question that assesses your compatibility. For someone that is fancy and cannot stand going anywhere without a proper sanitary system, nature and camping are the most dreadful things.
But for someone that enjoys being one with mother nature, a 5-star hotel has no appeal. It is crucial that you are dating someone that agrees with you on these things. And with just one question, you get a pretty clear idea. The last thing you need is to plan a weekend getaway to relax just to compromise and stress yourself out because you feel pressured in this environment.
19. “I don’t usually compliment others, but you have excellent taste because you liked my profile!”
Classic and clever. The best way to praise yourself without sounding like a snob. A healthy Tinder icebreaker should not just be about pouring your love and affection for your match. It should be a healthy balance of both of your qualities combined. Make sure your match knows that they are also lucky to be matched with you.
Ask them what they like about your profile. Then at least you know what qualities you should highlight when you see them.
20. “How did Harry Potter go down the hill?” “Rolling, JK…rolling.”
Perfect for a Harry Potter fan. They will love this joke. Harry Potter is the collective memory for the millennial and Gen Z population. Anyone that grew up in that era will understand the reference. In general, people are more willing to talk to a humorous person as they are funnier and friendlier.
Breaking the barrier is easier with someone that is chill about things. People perceive those who crack a lot of jokes to be the epitome of chill. You will leave a positive image if you are ready to bust some jokes.
21. “Are you religious? Because you’re the answer to all my prayers!”
Ain’t that sweet. Finding someone that you have a connection with online can be like winning the lottery. You know it happens, but it just never happens to you. After much frustration with trying your luck, it is almost unbelievable to see that it is actually working out.
Talk to your match about how annoying it can be to find someone online. Someone may seem adorable but turns out to be the most horrible person ever in real life. But now that you have found them, you have faith that things will take a better turn.
22. “You seem like an interesting person. Should we go for a spontaneous 3 am trip to McDonald’s now?”
It’s late at night and your match happens to be online. Maybe they couldn’t sleep as well. Why spend the time to craft the perfect first date idea when you can take a 3 am adventure down to McDonald’s?
Initiating a spontaneous trip is fun. Although it may not work, the times that do work will create a memorable night. It’s late at night, and you two are just two strangers finding some fun and comfort in each other walking down the street and getting a drink from the local convenience store. It doesn’t get any better than that.
What are other good online dating platforms?
As much as Tinder is fantastic, you don’t want to limit yourself. There are so many more platforms out there with different people and vibes. You should try out a few of them until you know which one resonates with you the most.
Of all other online dating platforms, only a handful can compete with Tinder. And Adult FriendFinder is one of them. Built as a casual hookup site, it allows members to freely explore all the cool features around the community. You are not only experiencing the regular matching feature, you are joining a community full of brilliant people eager to make new friends.
Start a live stream to talk about the best nude beaches in the state, post a video update of your workout sessions, join the community forum to make a few friends, and more. It is no wonder that members on Adult FriendFinder are extremely loyal and love lingering around the site. It is a fun place that will blow your imagination.
The site does not only cater to people looking for hookups. In the last two decades, it has successfully created thousands of happy marriages and united so many long-lasting couples. You can find anything you want on Adult FriendFinder. Its 90 million user base will not disappoint.
If you prefer to keep things low and private, then Ashley Madison is your go-to online dating app. Originally designed for people to have secret relationships, you are promised a healthy environment where members keep things to themselves. Your worst nightmare of having a clingy match stalking you outside of work will not happen here.
Members all have their own reasons to keep things private. Since you have the same goal, there is no trouble in keeping things a secret. If you are looking for casual dating with no strings attached, look no further, Ashley Madison is guaranteed to be the best.
You should never solely invest your time in just one online dating app. The world is big and each platform is known to attract a certain type of people. You will only know which one works best for you after you have tried everything out.
With Adult FriendFinder and Ashley Madison, you can expand your horizon and meet a lot more quality people that will rock your world!
Initiating a conversation with a stranger can be uncomfortable. The best thing about online dating is that you get to think before you hit send. And now, with all these awesome Tinder icebreakers, you no longer need to worry about embarrassing yourself with the first sentence. Use these icebreakers on your next match and score a sweet date!
- How To Use Tinder Discreetly To Cheat?
- How To Find Out Who Super liked You On Tinder?
- 30 Best Tinder Questions You Can Ask
- 10 Types of Guys to Avoid When Dating (With Red Flags) - May 31, 2022
- 20 Different Types of Lesbian Labels Explained: From Butch To Femme - May 31, 2022
- 10 Best Dating Sites & Apps for Single Moms Looking For Love - May 25, 2022