13 Best Geek Dating Sites to Simplify your Nerd Dating
Last Updated on September 29, 2022
Would you rather choose an Avengers movie marathon rather than going out to have a cozy dinner with your prospective date-to-be? Is the definition of perfect evening means you will sprawl across the sofa reading your favorite sci-fi book rather than exchanging mushy talks at the park? If the above scenarios are so “you”, well, congrats, you are a geek!
Without a like-minded partner, going out on a date seems futile if you cannot even discuss on something both of you can relate to. When the other partner is thinking about red roses and romantic movie date, your brain would be busy with some anime character, the sparks won’t fly.
Don’t have time to read the complete article? Checkout our favorite picks below.
1st - Ashley Madison
2nd - Adult FriendFinder
3rd - Bang Locals
Best dating sites for Nerds/Geeks
So, let’s check out the best 13 dating apps where you will get your geek partner and create a new story together –
Boasting of more than six lakh marriages, eHarmony can be your best bet if you are looking for a serious relationship or lifetime commitment with a geek partner like you. Running since 2000, the highlight of the site is the 29 dimensional 150 personality level questionnaire based on interests, hobbies, goals, deal-breakers along compatibility traits like character, intellect, kindness, humor etc.
- The matching algorithm is what makes this site appealing to geeks and based on your answers the site sends you suggestions of those people whose answers were same as you.
- You can customize Match Preferences and also filter matches with city and age.
- You can go for Guided Communication, take help of Quick Questions to send automated conversation-starters or start by yourself.
Although premium members will get 30 suggestions daily, with free version, you can browse through profiles, add them to Favorites, check out who added you to favorites and send smiles.
Reigning a successful legacy, Ashley Madison is one of the best dating sites for choosey geeks as around 50% member base comprises of gen X and millennial. You can either go for the general settings to let the site choose partner for you or point out your interest to get suggestions of only those geeks with whom your choices will be compatible.
- Signing up is easy and free of cost. After that you can choose the hobby or interests that you want in your partner. Being specific always helps in getting more prospective suggestions
- Profile matching, search tools, relationship help are some of the added features
- You can also type any trait on the search tab and be shown results regarding what your interest perimeter is.
After finding a suggestion, if you like, you can add them to favorites and send them winks. The free version offers only this –for more features, go premium.
Whatever you call yourself, nerd, dork or plain geek, you are free to join over 40 million singles in Zoosk. The female database is just a bit greater than males but as you will be offered unlimited access to the user base, you no longer have to worry about limited compatibility niche.
- Three options namely Basic Search, Advanced Search and Real-time Matches are there for you find the geek of your dream for a casual hookup or a serious lifelong relationship.
- You can filter the search with certain age limit, check out each user and according if interested, select “Yes” and if not then select “Maybe” or “No”.
- Starting a conversation is easier with the automated ice-breaking message of Mega Flirt.
Although the monthly subscription fee is a bit high, the free version too will let you browse through your choice of geeks, communicate with them and keep on receiving messages.
4. Geek Nerd Dating
Just as the name suggest, Geek Nerd Dating is typically created for the geeks and nerd s out there feeling either too shy to initiate a conversation or being too occupied in gadgets, books and movies. Starting from the geeky and cheesy picture on the home page to the easy interface, the site is not only for straights but also for LGBTQ community. (More Lesbian dating apps here)
- You can set your preference according to various factors ranging from trademark geek options like coding and Star Wars as well as filter locations to find your choice of partner
- Signing up is easy –choose sex and sexual orientation, enter date of birth, email id and username
While the free version will let you browse profiles and send flirts virtually, the premium version will let you send and receive messages.
With a simple home page showing some mushy balloons, a few real members with their age and countries and the sign up form, Dating.com looks as mainstream as its name. You have to select your gender, sexual orientation and define an age limit for the geek partner you are looking for.
The maximum age limit is over 80 and the minimum limit is 18. Besides, to avoid spams, the site also needs you to sign up with your Google account before you “Take a chance”. Good for Casual Hookups as well as Long term dating.
- You have to write a short description about what you want in your ideal geek partner and on the next section, you will be asked to indicate your mood namely Flirty and Bored so that suggesting profiles is easy
- “Let’s Mingle” lets you send customised messages to multiple geeks at once
- When both the users are online, you can opt for instant chat and if not, there is the email style messaging option.
Joining and searching for geeks is easy and free of cost although messaging needs credit and for that you have to go premium.
With roughly 7.3 million daily exchanged messages, the OkCupid is the hub for people from all walks of life and of all sexual orientation, which clearly reflects from the main display picture of the home page. Celebrate your geeky side here by describing your thoughts on the About Me section or post multiple pictures in your Cosplay outfits of Sci-fi convention or anything hinting on geeky side.
- The multi questionnaire regarding tricky questions to trivial ones will help you finding the like-minded geeks of your choice
- Personality based data with mathematical algorithm is what makes it special
With A-list Basic plan, you can keep track of those who made you Favorite, send and receive message etc. You can checkout more detailed review of OkCupid here.
7. Plenty of Geeks
As obvious as it sounds from the name, Plenty of Geeks will make sure that you never find lack of geeks on their site. Over 6.5 million geek members in this site are waiting for you just a sign up away.
All you need to do is to sync your Facebook account to get started or sign in with your email id. For over twenty long and successful years of geek matchmaking, the site offers free navigating through the profiles; only bug is the ever-present ads.
- Filter you search by defining your area and set the partner preference according to sexual preference, age, interest etc
- Singing up takes only a minute and you have to pay for only additional features, otherwise it is 100% free.
You can also read blog posts covering wide spectrum of topics like finding love to ideal sex positions.
Cuddli was created specifically for the introvert geeks who shy away from expressing their thoughts, so says the founder. Signing up can be done within five minutes by syncing your Facebook account and uploading pictures with your face clearly visible.
The best thing about the introverts is that they don’t even have to write thorough descriptions about you. Available in both android and website versions, Cuddli is a location based site like mainstream dating apps (Bumble, Tinder etc).
- Swipe right and left to check out profiles of prospective matches, select the tick sign to add them to favorites and on cross sign to move on to next profile.
- You can start chatting instantly and share emojis, stickers and pictures
- Fun games are there to meet new geeks and you can also choose icons to show your interest
The highlights of the site are the cosplay or Comic-Con events where you can meet people in real life and its free messaging service.
9. Soul Geek
With dating advice blogs along with regular sci-fi conventions and cosplay events nationwide, the SoulGeek is designed specifically for dorks, nerds and geeks who are in search of their Wonder Woman or Superman! As you enter the site, the oh-so-nerdy comic-themed design with superhero characters will catch your attention.
After stating your gender (fan-guy or fan-gal), preference of partner, preferable range of age (19 to 101) and distance from your zip code, you will be able to search for your partners.
- You get to choose partners who are online or search profiles with pictures only.
- Superhero themed music, videos, blogs and forums are there to let you get in touch with more geeks like you and even plan a real time date or meet-up with them through nerd events
- The multi questionnaire regarding relationship status, country, height, ethnicity, style, hair, addiction, occupation, pets, politics, religion, interest etc.
No matter whether you are cosplay artists, video gamers, anime lovers, sci-fi movie buff, comic and fantasy readers or animation artist, with SoulGeek you have to be interactive to find partner of your choice.
10. Trek Passions
Although the name suggests something related to Star Trek, Trek Passions is a cyber hub for geeks indulged dedicatedly in television series, books and movies related to Sci-Fi. Browsing or sharing messages is totally free for you whether you are looking for casual flings, chat buddies, serious relationship or new friends.
- You can see online members, give a “like” to profiles you like, add people as friend and share private message.
- With premium version, you can get unlimited messages daily and also surf in incognito mode.
Start chatting over forums and private messaging about the new Sci-fi book you have read or the recent movie you have seen, or even check out the movies or TV series ads.
11. Match Geeks
Unlike the mainstream dating sites, Match Geeks is a combination of social network site and nerd dating site. There is no multi-dimensional questionnaire and you also do not have to provide the credit card details
- All types of geeks like coders, cosplayers, otaku, gamers, band enthusiasts etc are present in the user database
- You have to enter your gender, sexual orientation, zip code or city and date of birth to start searching
Be it a casual friendship or a committed relationship, MatchGeeks is perfect for connecting with people as geek as you!
12. Dating For Muggles
Any Potterhead will be well aware of Muggles and as discussing about Harry Potter books or movies and those patronus charms with “normal” people can be a turn-off for the geeks, there is Dating For Muggles.
- Basic membership is free of cost and will let you browse through profiles, modify yours and send “flirts”.
- Apart from the basic category of Straight and LGBTQ members, you will also find queer categories like Cat Lover, Lawyer, Yoga, Rich etc
After signing up in 4 quick steps, you will get suggestions according to preferences –you can try basic search or set more parameters to try advanced search.
The last on the list is Gk2Gk for the geeks drooling over Star Trek, Star Wars, Cosplay events, Anime Series and Sci-fi Conventions. Singles on Gk2Gk can check out for friendship, serious relationship or casual romance.
- Instead of filling up questionnaire, you will have to describe yourself and your preferences in detail
- There are geeky questions like where you would like to go in time machine at the Mingle Tab.
With this site, you will get apt suggestions according to what you have written on preference, the price however is a bit high.
Those hardcore comic heroes and science genius on the books and movies have love interest. To share how you feel about the quantum theory or discuss about the latest Star Wars movie, you need a partner and the 13 dating apps will surely help you finding that soulmate.
Recommended Reading – What Does NSA Dating Mean?
- Match vs OkCupid: Pricing, Features, Pros, Cons & More - February 14, 2023
- What Does The Green Dot On Tinder Mean? - February 13, 2023
- How To Make a New Tinder Account After Being Banned? - February 12, 2023