by John Santana
If you are a single parent and ready to get back into the dating world, this guide may be helpful. Single parents may often feel at a disadvantage in dating. But dating sites have become so mainstream that you can find all types of people on there. They can be helpful in finding the perfect match, no matter your story.
Yes, we’ve heard so many success stories about people finding love online. There’s even a handful of these matches that end up becoming marriages. If you’re a single parent who struggles to find time to meet people organically, these dating sites are for you.
After reviewing a handful of sites, these ones made the cut. They have some unique qualities, although each site does have its downsides.
So even if you have not had much dating luck so far, not all hope is lost.
The sites you will be looking at below will focus on atypical relationship types people may be seeking. You might be seeking a long-term relationship or something different. Whatever your personal needs or preferences are for a dating site, we’ll make sure one of them on the list will address them.
Let’s check out the following list of dating sites for single parents below.
Don’t have time to read the complete article? Checkout our favorite picks below.
1st - Ashley Madison
2nd - Adult FriendFinder
3rd - Bang Locals
Best Dating Site For Single Parents (2023 Update)
1. Adult Friend Finder
If you are not ready to introduce a new partner to your kids, Adult Friend Finder (or AFF) is perhaps one of the oldest websites for casual flings. You can post photos on your profile and get paired up for a fun time without too much commitment.
This is targeted more towards those who are looking for casual sex or are part of the ‘swinger’ community. If this is more of your style, this site may be your best bet. This site has been around for a long time, but it’s undergone user-interface changes and so much more over the years.
- Live webcams: This is a trend that you’ll see on most cam sites. Adult Friend Finder will have a feature where members are live and broadcasting via webcam. You can check out the ‘Live Action’ option on the website and see who’s online. You’ll never know who in your local area may be wanting to chat.
- Chat rooms: Ah yes, public chat rooms. These have been around since the beginning of the Internet and don’t seem to be dying off anytime soon. However, you’ll be able to learn about other members including their desires, turn-ons, and so much more.
- Sending gifts: You can send a virtual gift to users here. If you want to catch the eye of someone you might want to hook up with, you can take advantage of the opportunity to send them something.
- Mobile app: It would make sense to include a mobile app. That way, you can easily access AFF from just about anywhere. It seems like these days that a dating site is nothing without a mobile app.
- Great for hookups and flings: Like Ashley Madison, AFF is great for those who don’t want to be in a serious or committed relationship. You’ll meet plenty of people here who feel the same way. Besides, it may seem like fun just to keep things that way.
- Registration is free: If you want to create a profile and get a feel for the site, you can without having to pay for anything. Just sign up and browse around. You can upgrade to a premium membership later if you want to.
- Active and responsive users: Despite the large amounts of fake and scammy profiles, AFF still has an active user base that is responsive. So you will likely meet someone and chat with them online. But be wary of any scams. If they ask for money or something similar, it would be best to move on and talk to a real user.
Many fake, inactive, or bot profiles: This is unfortunate for someone looking for the best match. You’ll find fake profiles that are actually scammers. You’ll see inactive profiles that have been there for years. There was a time when it was a challenge to unsubscribe from Adult Friend Finder. But the procedure to delete your account from the site has changed ever since.
2. Ashley Madison
Ashley Madison might be the right choice for discreet dating with others who relate to failed marriages or being parents. This dating site is known for its members who are looking for a relationship on the side of their marriage. The slogan in their ads is short, sinful, and to the point: ‘Life is short. Have an affair”.
Granted, this is a website that will be great for single parents who are looking to link up with someone casually, especially if they have kids themselves.
No ads: Who wants to deal with annoying ads? No one. Ads can be distracting and can be a huge turn-off (no pun intended) when in reality, a user is looking for a match.
- Discreet photos: Want to post something a little risque? Ashley Madison allows you to do that. This has a feature where you can post photos and blur your face. This will be great for those that want to conceal their identity. Needless to say, we live in an age where someone might come across a photo, recognize you, and well…let’s just say it might not be pretty. If privacy is something you’re serious about, this feature is its best selling point.
- Travel plan feature: Planning on meeting with someone? Or are you looking for that perfect match when you’re someplace else? There’s a feature where you can allow them to meet up with you if they are close by. You can reveal your itinerary to your match and share it with up to 30 people.
- Safety and security: The site is safe and secure. They have really stepped up after an alleged hack on their site that somehow exposed the information of many of its users. The Ashley Madison admins have more than likely covered their bases in hopes that the same mistake isn’t repeated twice.
- More female users than male: If you are a single father, this may be a great place to find a woman you can match up with.
- Great for short-term flings and hookups: If you are not looking for anything serious or committed, this will be one of the best sites for you. With so many options of who you want to match up with, it might be the one place to rely on for your next hookup or fling.
- Anonymity is allowed: Of course, being anonymous and keeping your identity a secret is key. You’ll be able to create a profile that will not disclose a lot of information. Discreet billing is also a feature that you’ll enjoy. To take it a step further, it has a discreet mobile app and desktop access.
- Complex pricing structure: The pricing structure for premium users is complex. That’s because it uses a system that combines credits and a regular subscription. You may have a hard time keeping track of how much money you’re spending on the site.
3. Single Parent Match
Of course, the name itself says it all. It’s a website developed for single parents looking for love. It claims to be the world’s first and best site for its target audience. So if you are a single parent looking for someone who also has kids themselves, you’re in luck.
Believe it or not, Single Parent Match has been around since 2001. It’s one of the oldest dating sites out there besides Match. This features users from the United States and Canada, but it’s available to almost everyone throughout the world.
- Daily matches: If you are looking for new matches, you’ll be able to see an updated list of them every day. From there, you can decide whether or not you can get to know them better or not.
- Private photo album: You can share private photo albums with anyone that will have a special link to them. This will be great for those who want to share photos but are not comfortable with the idea of doing so in a public setting.
- Easy registration: You can sign up for free and upgrade to its features later on. This will give you a chance to see if the site may be worth using. Besides, it never hurts to test out some of the basic features it has. After signing up, you can browse around on your desktop or the mobile app.
- You can send ‘winks’: This is akin to the ‘likes’ on social media. You can send these for free and be able to start a conversation with someone you might be interested in.
- Icebreaker questions: Want to get to know a person further? Yes, you can do this by setting up icebreaker questions on your profile. A user will visit your profile and will answer these questions if they are interested in you. If someone breaks the ice with you, that’s a step in the right direction.
- Email verification: This will weed out any fake or bot profiles to ensure there are real users. So when you sign up, you can verify via email and you’re good to go.
Limited messaging: You can message another user. However, you have limitations compared to the premium version. This is a common occurrence for many dating sites. Some may not allow you to message at all. On the bright side, this is one of those websites that will allow you the ability. Use it to your advantage wisely.
This dating site is best known for those in search of a relationship that can last a lifetime. It has a reputation of linking up singles (especially single parents) for long-term relationships and marriages. If you are serious about settling down with that special someone and their children, what better site than this?
You’ll answer a questionnaire that takes about 20 minutes to complete. This will be a must since it will give you the best matches possible using their unique algorithm. There’s a good chance that you’ll be looking for someone who is a single parent.
- Browse anonymously: You might be looking at a profile of someone you might be interested in. Yet, you can do this under the radar, so the person won’t know you’ve visited them. It’s OK to be shy at first before sending that first message. The good news is that you can do this with a free membership.
- Unlimited matches: This is available for free and premium members. You won’t have a limited number to field through. The matches will be based on your compatibility (as answered in the questionnaire we mentioned earlier).
- Various membership plans: You can have membership plans that will range from one month to two years. Find one that best fits your budget and go from there. The time it will take for you to find a match may vary. Some may find someone and cancel their membership after a short time. Others may take a while longer. It’s all about being patient and finding the right person for you.
- Questionnaire is accurate: If you are looking for the best compatible match possible, it’s one more reason why using the questionnaire feature will be useful. Once you fill it out, you’ll be able to match up with people who are like…well, you. You might find the perfect partner and parental figure for your children.
- Daily matches: Nothing is more exciting than getting daily matches. This will help you decide whether or not they might be the best for you. If you don’t like today’s batch, that’s OK. There will be a new one tomorrow.
- The best for long-term relationships: If you are someone looking for a serious and committed relationship, this is the perfect site for you. It’s always a good idea to lean towards sites like this if you aren’t the kind of person that doesn’t want to deal with non-committed relationships.
- Signup process is kind of long: If you have the patience to power through it, go for it. But the signup process might be a little longer compared to other sites.
Common Questions For Single Parent Dating
What Dating App Is Best For Single Moms?
What Are The Safest Dating Apps?
eHarmony and Christian Mingle are considered two of the best dating apps that are great for safety. We understand that personal safety is a priority, especially when you hear stories of matches gone wrong. It’s important that you take the necessary precautions about a person if you want to be as safe as possible (especially when communicating or meeting with someone).
What To Consider When Finding a Dating Site For Single Parents?
This quick guide will help you decide which dating site may be best for you. Let’s take a look at the following considerations:
What Kind Of Relationship Are You Looking For?
Are you looking for a long-term committed relationship? Or are you looking for something in the short term? There is a site that will fit the relationship type that you prefer.
How Much Are You Willing To Spend?
Even though free memberships are available, they have limited features. To access all of the features, upgrading to a premium package is important. The question is: how much in your budget are you willing to spend each month?
Monthly and annual memberships are available. You can find one that gives you the best deal and the features you need to find someone online.
Is There Something For LGBT?
Most of these dating sites have included matching for same-sex couples. To that end, there are also dating sites available for single LGBT parents. Find one that will fit your relationship type and create a profile.
If you are looking for the best dating site for single parents, the four we have listed above are among the best. It’s important to find the right person for a committed relationship. However, you might be someone looking for a short-term relationship or hookup.
Whatever you’re looking for, you’re bound to find it using a dating site that caters to your needs. Feel free to sign up for a basic membership to get a feel for it.
You might end up upgrading later on if you feel like it.
- GetItOn Review: What to Expect from This Unique Adult Dating Site - February 24, 2024
- How to Check If Your Husband Is on Ashley Madison? - February 23, 2024
- Best Los Angeles Hookup Apps & Sites For Fun Encounters - February 9, 2024