Last Updated on February 17, 2023
Dating can be challenging for modern men.
A lot of men focus a lot of their time, energy, and attention on their careers so that they can set themselves up for success and a stable financial future. While being dedicated to your career is a good thing, it leaves you with little time to go out and date.
Whether you’re looking for a casual companion to have fun with or you’re seeking a meaningful relationship with someone who shares common interests and goals, trying to find quality women can be hard.
Don’t have time to read the complete article? Check out our top picks below & begin your dating journey!
1st - Ashley Madison
2nd - Adult FriendFinder
3rd - Bang Locals
Fortunately, there are dating apps for men that are designed to simplify the process of finding romance. These apps use intelligent matchmaking search filters and algorithms, allowing you to look for prospective matches with just the touch of a screen. If you do find someone who piques your interest, you can message her to chat and set up a date and time to meet in person.
There are many options to choose from in this day and age. The problem is not all dating apps for men are created equal. Some are great, while others are total duds. Trying to weed through all of the different options and figure out which ones are worth your while and which ones aren’t can be overwhelming and frustrating. Not to worry, though, because we’ve taken the liberty of doing the work for you!
If you’re ready to jump into the digital dating pool, keep on reading to take a look at our picks for the best dating apps for men.
Our Shortlist For Best Men’s Dating Apps & Sites
1. Best For Young Men: Ashley Madison
Ashley Madison Advantages:
- The mobile app is free to download and is ad-free
- All users can register an account and create a profile for free
- There’s a large user base and a lot of active daily users
- You can keep your profile anonymous and discreet
- User-friendly and intuitive interface
- You can browse an unlimited amount of profiles
- Lots of advanced features; options to send virtual messages and gifts to other members, for example.
Ashley Madison Disadvantages:
- Membership signup is only free for women; men have to pay for a premium service membership, or they can skip the membership, but they will need to buy credits in order to respond to messages they receive
- The payment structure can be confusing, especially when first using it
Ashley Madison is said to be one of the best dating apps for men. What sets it apart from other sites is that it gives you can keep your profile anonymous and discreet, if you’d like, a feature that most dating sites don’t offer. The site also takes your privacy seriously and does whatever it can to keep your identity disclosed.
A lot of people use Ashley Madison for extramarital affairs. That’s why remaining anonymous is so appealing to many users. Upon registering an account, you can instantly see the information of other users’ accounts if you are permitted to do so.
This information might include things like user names, ages, height, weight, and location, as well as relationship status (single, married, in a relationship, etc.)
Another feature that makes Ashley Madison appealing is that if you find someone who piques your interest, you can send them virtual presents or direct messages.
Additionally, you can find your most recently received messages right on the Ashley Madison homepage. With just a single click, you can view and respond to messages.
To get started with Ashley Madison, the first thing you need to do is register an account. This is pretty easy, and it won’t cost you anything to do so.
To register an account, all you need to do is:
- Complete your profile by providing some basic information, such as your name and email address.
- If you’d like, you can stop there, or you can add additional information, such as your age, your location, your marital status, and details about your appearance, such as your height, weight, eye color, hair color, etc.
- If you want to connect with users who are in your area, providing location information is recommended.
- When you create and register an Ashley Madison account, you will also be given the option to upload a profile picture.
Matching and Messaging on Ashely Madison
When you create your account with this dating site, you will be prompted to. Make sure that you are clear with your answers.
Provide accurate information about your hobbies, interests, and what you are looking for in potential matches, as doing so will help to increase your chances of finding more and better matches and finding those matches much faster.
Once you’ve created your profile and filled out a few questions about your personality, as well as your dating preferences, it’s time to match. There are a lot of active singles on this site – as well as married users.
Ashley Madison is a location-based dating app, so it will show you potential matches that are located within a certain radius of you. After you find a hookup that you’re interested in, you can contact them through direct messaging via their profile; alternatively, you can visit the profile of a particular user and strike up a conversation in the chat tab.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of scammers and bots on Ashley Maddison. As soon as you enter the main dating log area, you will be inundated by dozens of fake operators. They’ll attempt to converse with you as much as they possibly can, try to convince you to purchase more credits, and so on.
The strategies of these scammers can be very convincing, so if you are going to use the site, make sure that you proceed with caution so that you don’t get scammed.
For premium features, you will need to purchase the membership or buy credits in order to do so, which can be pricy. Men are allowed to send one free message after they register, but they will need to purchase more credits if they would like to keep the conversation going after the message.
For women, Ashely Madison is generally free; however, for men, while some of the basic features are free, and you can send one free message after you create an account, if you want to continue sending messages, you will need to purchase more credits, which can get pricy rather quickly. For that reason, buying a membership might be worth your while if you plan on using the site often.
The following is a breakdown of the pricing for different membership plans:
- Basic plan – 100 credits – $59
- Classic plan – 500 credits – $169
- Elite plant – 1000 credits – $289
2. Best For Young Men: Ashley Madison
Adult Friend Finder Advantages:
- Good for casual relationships and hookups
- It’s a legitimate online adult dating site
- Signup is free
- It’s easy to use
- The site guarantees privacy
- It has a large user base
Adult Friend Finder Disadvantages
- There are a lot of bots, fake accounts, inactive profiles, and scammers
- There are loads of ads
- The free version doesn’t offer a whole lot
- Some of the pages will redirect you to other companies
- There was a big security breach back in 2015, and while it has been resolved, this might be concerning for some
Adult Friend Finder clearly isn’t for men who are interested in finding meaningful relationships with like-minded individuals; rather, this site is all about sex and casual hookups. So if that’s what you’re looking for, then this site will be worth it for you.
Adult Friend Finder is a community of very open-minded people. And when we say very, we mean very. It seems to be a site where people go to let off steam or where they go because they’re ashamed or embarrassed to ask the people that they know if they would be interested in doing the things that they would like to do in the bedroom (or wherever else they want to get things on).
A lot of people share their fetish desires on this site. Swinging, open relationships, kinksters, and polyamory are welcomed with open arms on Adult Friend Finder.
Do be aware, however, that there are lots of fake accounts on Adult Friend Finder. Unfortunately, the site doesn’t do a very good job of removing inactive accounts.
Signup and Searching
Creating an account on Adult Friend Finder is free and pretty standard. You just need to complete some basic information (name, location, what you’re looking for, etc.), choose a username, and fill out a brief profile. Once you confirm your email address, you will instantly be directed to a page that will ask you to pull out your credit card and sign up for a gold membership.
Now, with that said, we’re going to assume that you signed up for a gold membership, and once you do, the entire site will open up to you, which means that meeting people will become a lot easier.
Matching and Messaging
Similar to a traditional dating site, Adult Friend Finder will give you a collage of potential matches on the top of your home page. These matches will be random and will appear right after you sign up. You can choose to update your preferences and refine your results by choosing things like your preferred genders, location radius, age ranges, location, marital status, etc.
It’s free to sign up for an account with Adult Friend Finder; however, you can’t really do much with a basic, free account. If you want to use the site the way it’s intended, you’ll need to upgrade to a gold membership.
The costs and features of membership are as follows:
1-month membership – $39.95
3-month membership – $26.95
12-month membership – $19.95
3. Best For Long-Term Commitment: eHarmony
- 66 million members and about 16 million are regularly active each week
- Great for long-term, committed relationships.
- Science-driven algorithms and questionnaires for more accurate matching
- 600,000+ couples have got married after meeting on eHarmony
- Long signup process
- Not ideal if you are looking for casual hookups only
- Lack of control over the profiles that you see, as there’s no search function.
- Limited free features
eHarmony is perfect for men looking for long-term, meaningful, committed relationships. You may be able to meet singles who are looking for casual fun, but other sites may be better for this. Clinical psychologist Neil Clark Warren founded the site in 2000 and crafted a science-backed questionnaire and algorithm to create expert matching.
It is available on both iOS and Android, as well as having a comprehensive desktop site. You can be matched to users based on values, interests, demographic, and traits. The advanced location software also finds users who are close to you.
4. Best Paid: Match.com
- Over 39 million users between the ages of 30 to 49
- Great reputation as running since 1995
- Easy-to-use interface for any age
- Free and premium features
- Some fake profiles and bots
- More men than women, although this is the case on many sites
- Non-refundable memberships
Match has been going on since 1995, longer than many other dating platforms. It is the self-proclaimed #1 dating app, and for a good reason, considering its impressive results. It works for men interested in both casual dating, as well as for those looking for a committed relationship. It has a pool of varied and interesting women to choose from.
The matching strategy it uses is simple yet effective. It compares your compatibility with women that match your criteria in areas like:
- Body type
The app uses both swiping and traditional catalog dating. It is easy to join, create a profile, upload photos, and find matches. The search function leads you to a grid view of your matches. You can update your preferences to filter women based on age and/or location.
Some features include:
- Match Picks, which shows your matches
- Activity Date to see recently active users
- Newest First shows the newest members
- Photon Count shows users with most pictures
- Reverse match shows you users who are seeking someone like you
- Mutual match shows profiles of users who like you
5. Best For Dating Young Girls: Bumble
- As women make the first move, you know they are interested if they say hi
- Large user base of over 45 million users
- Men can’t interact until a woman initiates conversation
- Conversations expire after 24 hours of inactivity
While women have to make the first move on Bumble, this can actually be an advantage for men. You don’t waste any time with people that never reply or just write hey and then go radio silent. If a girl talks to you on Bumble, she’s interested. So it is actually a much more efficient dating site for men, plus there’s a higher quality of girls than many other dating sites.
Of course, there may be some frustrations as you can’t reach out to girls you like the look of, but if you are after real connections, Bumble is for you.
Like other apps, you can filter your matches on various criteria, including:
- Location and proximity
6. Best For Hookups: Bang Locals
Bang Locals advantages
- Perfect for men looking for casual sex
- Members from all over the country
- Easy navigation
Bang Locals disadvantages
- Fake profiles
Are you a man looking for fun and casual dates with fun and exciting women? Bang Locals is the perfect platform. It does what it says on the can. This vibrant dating site is exclusively for hookups. Men just keep going back.
There are active members all over the country. Navigating the site is easy, and getting a date doesn’t take long. The whole system has made matching quicker. Whenever you go online, matches are already waiting for you. Changing the settings and filters is quick too.
One thing to watch out for is fake profiles and bots. Bang Locals has not done the most meticulous job of keeping them away. That is the downside of its simple signup.